exploring sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
March 2nd 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

greetings from australia. michelle and i spent 2 day on beautiful bondi beach where surfers are almost as numerous as the grains of sand. they're good too....and very intimidating. i spent my time on bondi walking up and down the beach, swimming in the surf, and body boarding. the coast is dotted with beaches between unbelievable formations of sandstone that has been skillfully carved by wind, rain, and waves.

from bondi we headed to the northern beaches and are spending our last few nights in manly. we are staying with family friends of mine....though they have gone and left the house to us. we spent yesterday exploring sydney's inner city and getting prepared for MARDI GRAS which just so happens to be this weekend. sweet as mate :o) mardi gras is basically a huge gay pride festival....lots of fun and lots more parties.

first sydney. a city of convicts (so they say in new zealand, but really it's great)....tall buildings, lots o' people, the opera house whose wonder cannot be really captured by a lens, the harbor bridge spanning the whole of sydney's huge harbor, and a coast full of beaches. it's great and warrants more than the couple of days i'm staying here. i'll have to come back.

onto mardi gras. well, we've just got the first night under our belts now. we drank cosmos and made friends with some aussies (who bought us shots) and we danced the night away. we didn't get home til this morning and are currently resting for tonights party. i'm leaving for the airport tomorrow at 8:30am. we timed this visit just right. ;o)

i'm finding that at the end of my travels i'm uninspired doing the travel blog thing. it's not oz for sure....it's just after travelling for so long you get tired. i am ready to come home and hold onto my family and friends....those people that i really miss.

take care. see you soon!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb