All the Pretty Horses


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Banks Peninsula
February 10th 2009
Published: February 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent a lovely ten days at Windward Farm near Governor's Bay south of Christchurch. The Mahy/Stowell's quickly became our surrogate NZ family! More later....


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Ollie, Julia and Ely on the beachOllie, Julia and Ely on the beach
Ollie, Julia and Ely on the beach

Every day, the tide comes in for about three minutes. Inside this window, there's great swimming.
Rob built this outhouse, and it's the nicest one we've ever had the luxury of s(h)itting in.Rob built this outhouse, and it's the nicest one we've ever had the luxury of s(h)itting in.
Rob built this outhouse, and it's the nicest one we've ever had the luxury of s(h)itting in.

It has a big picture window that overlooks the horse pasture and the moonlit harbor.
From left: Ely, Biddy, and JuliaFrom left: Ely, Biddy, and Julia
From left: Ely, Biddy, and Julia

The twins are celebrating their 8th birthday in a week. Happy Birthday twins!
University of CanterburyUniversity of Canterbury
University of Canterbury

in Christchurch, prospective grad school visit.
From top left: Ely, Poppy, and PennyFrom top left: Ely, Poppy, and Penny
From top left: Ely, Poppy, and Penny

From bottom left: Ollie the collie, Biddy, Rob, Oscar and Julia Missing: Alice


9th March 2009

We have yr sun-glasses, snork-maiden.
Hiya travelling dudes- hope the trip north went well. Did I mention they are all very tall, entish mermaids in Blenderheim? Never critise the wine, it is always perfect. We found some lovely sunglasses on the beach, next to an empty bottle of rum, and I have wrestled them from Alice's cold dead hands. If you want to nomimate a post-office, we can send them on. Otherwise Alice will lose them again herself, and some other lucky person will take their turn.
13th March 2009

YAR!!
Antarctic Alfredo! We be chillun our timbers up here in olde Spring Creek, with hail and sun slapping upside the noggins right aboot the same time! We hear y'all are experiencing freezling and shiverings tout suite! At least we have lemony sav blanc to stoke our hearts and tummies. We've been alearning the arts of serious organics up in this here valley--from turning elephantine compostia to insulating the bilge avec sheep wool, and were heartily rewarded for our troubles with four days of housesitting and no work! Ah yes, the pirate's life is a good one, ay, but doesn't oft avail her with a place to lay her mail. As soon as I get me one, I'll pass it along, good sir! Love to your ladyship and the grunts...we'll send word from further along the spit!

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb