Erawan the Golden Van


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 5th 2009
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We've made it to the Antipodes, and now get to wax nostalgic about the days when we had to carry everything on our backs. Now we have our own little pack mule, our first elephant, our golden gorse crusher, ERAWAN! More Kiwi info and pics soon as soon as we get some down time- right now we're felling wattle trees and getting used to life in a family of seven!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

leaving Christchurchleaving Christchurch
leaving Christchurch

We spent our first night in the van in the parking lot of our previous hostel after having gotten our stored stuff locked in reception the night before due to a late return. oops. It worked out fine- we managed to have hot meals and showers along with our sleep out!
ErawanErawan
Erawan

parked in a little field at Onuku Farm Hostel in Akaroa, where we spent our second night in the van.
cozy sofa timecozy sofa time
cozy sofa time

During the day, this is a sofa, but it converts to a double bed for night time. Erawan is a 1986 Mitsubishi Delica in mighty fine condition. When you lie down to sleep, you can look at the stars through his six rear sky lights!
Herefords (?)Herefords (?)
Herefords (?)

These cattle graze huge swaths of upland pastures and hillcountry. They seem quite surprised to see people at all.


9th February 2009

Bootiful
Very lovely, and the two of you look nice and cool for the first time in many entries. Van living looks like the life...
16th February 2009

New Zealand
Hey guys, I'm glad you made it to N.Z. We spent three weeks there some years ago and loved it! What a great and interesting country, with so many different types of things to see, from lovely gardens to penguins!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb