踏上了果園路/ On the road: Kaituna Valley


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Banks Peninsula
September 3rd 2007
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

200709032007090320070903

Road to Kaituna Valley
2007年9月3日 Kaituna Valley

今天, 我們終於安頓了工作的事宜, 把多天的擔憂一掃而空。昨晚, 我又失眠了, 或者工作還未安頓下來, 所以沒有睡太多。今天一早, 我們吃過早餐後, 便乘坐French Connection往Kaituna Valley, 但我們還未能夠聯絡僱主阿John, 真的有點兒擔心。

大約一小時的車程, 我們終於到達了Kaituna Valley, 第一個感覺還是不錯, 四周十分荒蕪, 有點兒蒼茫。我們沿著指示牌一直往Kaituna Valley前進, 可惜走了很久還是沒有房子和人, 最後我們遠處看到一户人家, 經過婆婆的指引, 我們又繼續往前走, 前路好像沒有盡頭似的, 加上寒風吹襲, 我們真的不能猜想還有多久的路。

突然, 一輛汽車駛過, 義務乘載我們往阿John 的工作地方。這是我們第一次坐順風車, 感覺鄉村的人們真的比較熱情和富有人情味。終於我們到達了果園, 可惜阿John 不在, 我們惟有等他回來。時間一分一秒地過去, 而阿John 還未回來, 我此時心急如焚, 因為不想再返回Christchurch 再等待, 只希望今天可以安頓好工作的事宜。

一個農場的人指示我們往前繼續走, 到阿John 居住的地方看一看。 我們惟有再往前走一點, 到達了他屋前的路口。我們坐在馬路一旁, 靜心地等待他的回來, 我們等了又等, 不知過了多久才等到了阿John 的回來。我上前跟他自我介紹, 幸好他對我有印象, 反而他對Andy就完全沒有印象, 但我仍是堅持我們是一起在網上應徵, 故他最後都接受我們兩個人。不過, 我們又要繼續等待阿John吃完午餐後才安頓我們。

後來, 阿John 駕車接送我們往住宿的地方, 原來只是我們進入Kaituna Valley附近的一間房子。另一個叫Axel 的男仔介紹我們住的地方, 又介紹了房子的設施, 然後他跟阿John 往果園繼續工作。我和Andy 就安頓行裝, 然後出去附近走一走。

今天我們發現沒有車子是十分不便, 因為Christchurch 跟這裡有一段距離, 而我們決定了買單車, 以方便往返Christchurch 。不管如何, 我今天實在開心, 因為我未來三個月有了落腳的地方。

明天要7時到達果園工作, 我真的十分期待……

Today, we have confirmed all the orchard work matters and all the worries was eliminated.

Yesterday, I met sleeplessness again due to unconfirmed work arrangement. In the morning, we took the shuttle bus - French Connection to Kaituna Valley after having our breakfast and I was still a bit worried since there was no reply from John, our employer.

The one hour bus journey brought us to Kaituna Valley and my initial impression was not bad though surroundings was a bit desolate. We followed the raod sign of Kaituna Valley to proceed but we were not able to find any houses and population after a long period of time. No sooner had we raised a question if we are heading to the right direction than we found a house with a old lady over there. We continued proceeding after seeking her advice but it seemed the road has been too long without the end. Together with the cold wind blew over us, we felt a bit tired hard to predict how long would we take to get there.

Suddenly, a car stopped and gave me a free lift to the office of orcahrd. Well, this is my first time to get a free ride and really felt amazed how nice the country people were. Finally we reached the office but John was not here and we have to wait. With the passage of long time, John still didn't show up and I started to be worried about the work arrangement hoping I can be settled down here because I don't want to go back to Christchurch.

A farmer advised us to John's house and see if we could find him over there. We have no choices but just followed his advice, approaching John's house where it was not far from the office. Well, it made no difference that we kept waiting for John. I forgot how long we have been waiting before John have appeared in front of us. I went ahead to introduce myself a bit and luckily he remembered who I was but he got no idea on who Andy was. At that time, I firmly told him that we applied it and were accepted at the same time via internet so that he would accept both of us. Luckily, we got it.

However, we still have to wait for John finishing his lunch first before arrange us for accomodation. Later, John and a young guy took us to the on site accomodation where it was located near the entrance of the road of Kaituna Valley. A guy called Axel introduced us the regulations and facilities of the house and we were arranged staying in a room with two single beds. He then left for work again and we took a rest a bit and hang around in the Kaituna Valley for while.

Today, I realized that how inconvenient it will be without a car because Kaituna Valley is far away from city centre of christchurch and we may consider getting a bike as a transport mean between city centre and Kaituna Valley. Anyway, I was so happy today because i got a place to settle down in coming three months.

Tomorrow I have to start my orchard work and really feel excited and look foward......



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb