The Last Day in Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Banks Peninsula
October 25th 2007
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sarah, Louise, Ewa and I spent the morning soaking up the rays in the garden before Marty and Joe (Jacko had left for Oz) came over with Joe's cousin, Chris, whom he was staying with and who had offered to take us out for the day to do some walking. We all piled into Chris', thankfully large, car and headed out of Christchurch. We stopped first at the beach and had fish and chips by the sea, which was lovely, and then drove up off to the hills just outside Christchurch for a walk around some of the abandoned buildings built in WW2 when the kiwi's thought the Japanese might try to attack. It was really good fun, going through tunnels and into underground buildings, and sitting ontop of buildings surveying the stunning views. We spent the whole afternoon wandering around. On the way back to the hostel we stopped to pick up some BBQ supplies and all had a barbie in the garden of our hostel. It was a fab last day, and was finished off by opening the bottle of wine that Ewa had given to Sarah and I which she had been carrying with her from Argentina for a special occasion!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb