Akaroa


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Akaroa
April 21st 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 29- Akaroa

Another boat cruise today, this time from Akaroa to the sea taking in the volcano basin (Akaroa is in an old volcano) an on the hunt for the worlds smallest penguin, fur seals and the worlds rarest and smallest dolphin, the hector dolphin. The weather was beautiful but the was a swell out to sea which had hampered the previous days trip. We were told that there was only small chance of seeing anything. Our luck though came through and we saw a penguin swimming out at sea by the boat, a seal leaping out of the water and then loads of them basking on the rocks and playing in a pool and then the highlight was having 6 dolphins playing and swimming right by the boat. The rest of the day was spent mooching before spending the late afternoon drinking before having a wonderful dinner by the water while watching an amazing sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



27th April 2008

"chicken" nugget
can't you guys afford the monkey's fare home? don't think the cannon will get him all the way back to england!!!!!!!!!!! - Al x ps, nick had fish and chips the other day - pops x
28th April 2008

Fish babies
Nugget was having fun thank you very much and I know the boy well enough that he has the sense not to eat my fish babies........we all know I have a temper. And Al nice one lowering the tone with the dirty washing suggestion after the bungy, I can't take you anywhere.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb