Wellington to Nelson


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
March 12th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up bright and early in order to catch the 7am shuttle. However, the shuttle did not surface and we were shoved on a kiwi bus.

We arrived at the ferry terminal and had 1 and half hours to wait till boarding. The ferry was massive. Yet another delay before we hit the water.

Once in Picton the nerves,stress and uncertainly started again - are we or are we not on the bus,only Kerry's name was called on the register leaving Rob stranded, luckily there were 11 no shows giving Rob a seat.

We stopped off at Marlborough where the majority of the group had a wine tasting session me and Rob settled for a thickshake and 100g of fudge.

Arrived in nelson around 4pm. We checked into our room and Rob started yet another political debate with John.

We then had another treat - a roast pork dinner and dessert. John asked if we were going to join him on the walk to the centre of New Zealand, which we did with 3 others.

The walk was quite steep but once at the top the views were amazing.
We all got quite peckish on the descent and went on a 45 minute walk to find pringles.

On return to the hostel we all had a game of giant snakes and ladders (yes we were all sober).

13/03/10

Today we decided we would stay in the centre and return to the hostel to make lunch.

We had a look around the shops and market stalls before heading to the supermarket for supplies.

In the end we made pasta 'n' sauce (much nicer than the fast food we have lived off for the last 3 months).

As we are planning on relaxing today we are dreading checking our e-mail - however, it was good news - we are on the bus on the 15th!

We did some reading before having a random idea that we should have a game of darts - 2 hours later Rob had victory so he decided to go for a run. Kerry took this opportunity to catch up with the blog and do some reading.

14/03/10

Our last day in Nelson! We woke up in the same bed this morning - amazing considering the mattresses are not even singles!

We have been woken up at the same time by people leaving to catch their next bus (it will be us tomorrow).

It took a while for us to come round fully before taking a shower. Another chilled out day is on the cards.

As lunch yesterday was such a success we decided to push the boat out and try to cook curry and rice (could be interesting considering the state of the kitchen).

However, we remained positive and took a leisurely stroll along the river before going shopping. It is a beautiful day and the sun is shining!

Lunch was delicious! We did more reading and Rob typed up some of the blog. We also chatted with some of the people off our bus (who were a little worse for wear).

We played darts and also caught the end of the cycling on TV. Since we have been quite lazy today we decided to go for a walk into the centre to get some cash for the next couple of days. But on the way back we were magically drawn to the aptly named Kandy Korner!

Returned to the hostel and Rob went for another run.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Rob @ the centre . . .Rob @ the centre . . .
Rob @ the centre . . .

. . . of New Zealand
 Kerry @ the centre . . . Kerry @ the centre . . .
Kerry @ the centre . . .

. . . of New Zealand


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb