Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
March 10th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we took advantage of the free breakfast our hostel voucher entitles us to.

We decided we would visit the Te Papa museum (interesting and free).
It took about 10 mins to walk and once inside we were shocked by the size-exhibits were spread over 6 floors and included a colossal squid!

After 3 and half hours we decided to go and eat- settling for curry and rice.

We spent time relaxing- lucky really as we were talked into going bowling
at 6.30 pm for a game of North vs South (North proving victorious).

11/03/10

Today we were unsure about what to do with ourselves, we decided to eat and do the hike however, this changed once we passed the cinema - we ended up watching the new Alice in Wonderland film in 3D.

We then looked around some of the shops and tried to organise our time in New Zealand so we can give dates to kiwi in order to guarantee seats on the bus.

The afternoon/ evening was dampened by the heavy rain. we decided to take advantage of the backpacker special at dominoes pizza, however we got to the foyer of the hostel and John and Adrian had the same idea so we all went and had dinner together another very pleasant evening.

We also had to book our ticket for the ferry this evening despite being on the waiting list=more stress. We also bought a ticket for the shuttle bus.




Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb