Catherdral Cove and a casual dip!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whitianga
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey people!

Sorry its been a while! We are on the Big Green Bus now! For us this is where the adventures begin! We had an early start, we had to catch the bus at 9 am. This would turn out to be a challenge, we had to drop the car off at 8 in the morning but we woke up late! ended dropping it off at half past. Then we had to walk up what seemed to be a small mountain which in actual fact was only a road but it was soooo steep! Nick Lees if your reading i think i could do kilimanjaro after this walk! 😊 Only kidding GOOD LUCK DUDE!

Anyway, we eventually made the bus, met our driver 'KANE IT' What a Leg-end already! On the bus we met everydody through a couple of games. One was the traffic light game and the other was whether you scrunch or fold after a shit!? play along if you like...It turned out to be quite an eventuful morning with laughters and alot of banter between north and south! There seems to be an adundance of southerners on our bus! nevertheless me and jack recruited a few northerners and we can safely say we're doing quite well. Lee, as soon as he got on the bus saved a guy's life so to speak! he had broke his ipod/phone and Lee being an expert in that depatment knew exactly what to do to fix it. Calm and collected, Lee just re-set the whole phone and became a Hero! The bloke he saved, Gareth his name, a guy we have come to know and love! He's a MANC, He's a united fan, He quotes Extras and the office like he wrote the god damn programs and He's Ben Thornleys borther (small world hey) and he will be our travelling buddy from this day forward. We also met a girl called Katherine, she was a southerner, but secrectly wants to be from the north. She's been around! - travelling i mean! 😊 and NZ is her last port of call until she's off home to go to uni in SCOTLAND! for some silly reason!, she will also be our travelling with us.

So, Catherdral Cove! The weather this far has been great to us! i think we brought it from england! (cough) Today was just the same, bright and beautiful! We arrived at whitianga at around half two and we had the choice to either sit on the beach for two hours or go for a walk. We chose the latter. The walk was ok, some nice scenery, few laughs, nothing out of the ordinary for New Zealand. We eventually made it to the cove, it was brilliant. We had a chill, didn't take any piccy's (my battery went) and just as we thought we were heading back to tha big green machine, Jack 'smoothy' Booth decides to go for a swim in waters that even fish want to get out of! he swam to a rock about 200yds out and then had to come back! His purpose? We still do not know but we were entertained for a while with him walking back to the bus in his boxers in wintery condidtions! His bullet nipples we're purple and are now known as Bazooka Nipples.

After leaving catherdral cove, we headed to the hostel. This evening our driver, 'KANO' took us to some geothermal pools, 'the lost spring'. One word 'Heaven'. The pools were unbelievable, so warm, so relaxing, so needed! There were waiters serving alcohol around the pools, you didnt have to do anything except look up to the sky and gaze into the night. Here is where our story ends in this quiet but wonderful place of whitianga.

Advertisement



25th June 2009

hi son well done on what u have just done we are all very proud of u its great to read your blog through the tears so glad that u and jack are having a great time pls takecare both of u speak soon lots of love mum and dad xx pls keep in touch xx

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb