The First Few Days....


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
June 20th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We Made It....

After a very long winded flight, stopping off at three countries not to our knowledge; dubai, brunei (Shit hole) and brisbane. We eventually landed...DESTINATION AUCKALAND. We have took it upon ourselves to claim that we have now officially visited these countries although we didn't actually step out of any airports just to make it seem that we are indeed travelling the world. After landing, Lee told jack that we had to wait tin the airport for another 6 hours! This was quite a shock to him. However during this time we re grouped, had the three necessities in life, Shit, Shower and a Shave and we were refereshed! Alas, our time in the airport did not end here. We were searching for a plug socket to charge the camera, phones and iPODs. We came across one!! WHEYYYY!! Smiles all round. So we set up camp. As time passed we noticed people kept looking at us in a strange way. Why you ask? Well little did we know the plug socket was near a medical booth where you went if you admitted you had an illness such as swine flu! Oh my...people think we're infected. We found this quite amusing so we stayed and watched people walk past us with extreme caution.

Eventually, we were out of the airport and in our hire car. Jucy Lucy 'The Green and purple Machine'. We headed off too auckland with captain Jack Booth at the helm. Hmmm....about 30 mins down the road we see the SKYTOWER. WOW we think! its soooo high and sooo cool. (for you pub quiz lovers heres a bit of trivia...its the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. Standing at a whopping 328 meters). We decided to park up have some breakfast at denny's and have a stroll around the city. After a while Mr Jet Lag arrived the cheeky b*****d! We were not amused. Back to our home/van we went, all be it, it was half one in the afternoon. End of day one!

DAY TWO...After our humungous hibernation! we woke up to a cold but sunny Auckland day. We got dressed, had a wash etc etc. Lee thought he would start the car to warm up. He turned the key.....no luck...He turned again...Shit he thought! The battery was dead! Lee and Jack were stranded! We called the AA! they were so friendly on the phone! who wouldnt be if they knew they were making $65 each time they were called out! We declined just out of principal! no way were paying that for some jump leads! So we decided to go for a walk to scout a garage! After about half an hour we found one and the fellow behind the counter was more than happy to lend us the leads!! We headed back to the van and got another new zealander to help us out with starting the car! PROBLEM SOLVED! We started the day with a Denny's! then headed off to the SKYTOWER. Jack thought it would be a good idea to admit his fear of heights just as we enter the elevator with glass flooring soaring through the sky. Nice one! We eventually got to the top and then it was time to step out of the lift. We did, Jack with more caution obviously. Seeing the panoramic views of the city on a day like this was awesome! Then came the glass flooring around the edges of the tower, this was genius! breathtaking! Yet jack was hesitant to stand on them! however after time passed and plucking up his courage he eventually walked over them! CHAMPION! never again he said! Not to forget jack did this with a larger than life blonde girl we met laughing at him! she wasn't so bad, quite friendly above all! Then we ventured 9 floors up! 220 meters in the air! We met a few men! A south african, and 2 locals! Popping out dad jokes thinking they were so hip and cool. Example! How high is this and where are the nearest toilets? Answer. One floor down...Reply...Damn i can't shit from the tallest building the southern hemishpere! HA (sarcastic laugh by me and jack) The south african also thought it would be funny to strip off at the top just for fun. we then later found out, or we assume they were gay!

We were then off too a beach called piha! we were recommended this by a few people within our morning trips around the city, namely; The man who saved our beloved van, two women in a salon where Jack went on the sunbeds and and the a man at Tourism Kiosk at the SKYTOWER! So off we popped on our tiki tour! (we're getting the hang of the slang). We didn't have a clue where we were going. With Captain Lee at the wheel this time and Mr Booth on Navigational Duties we were confident we would find it! many stops later, with many directions off people we saw, we arrived at the beach! The long journey was worth it! Yet again the scenery was unbelievable, along with the weather we couldnt have asked for anything more. We climbed Lion Rock (Travelator for Terry B) At the top we met a few locals, took some pics and had a rest! We weren't as fit as we first thought! We wanted to climb higher though! However a big gate stopped us dead in our tracks! Oh well maybe another time! A few minutes later a boy appeared behind us, he had come from the top of the rock where you were not allowed. We were shocked! He was quite strange, he had a number plate in his back pocket! WTF! We assume he was a man of the rock! and we dont bother them! After making our way down the rock, we decided to climb round to the front of the rock. We met a girl from Louisanna, Andrea her name. She was attempting to climb to the front of the rock with us with no shoes on!! WHAT A CRAZY GIRL we thought...these rocks and coral are bloody sharp! Nevertheless She triumphed along with a little help from Super Jack! We again chilled, took some more pics and headed back because the tide was coming in and the time it took us to get out here with slow poke andrea we were afraid we may get washed away. We made it back alive evidently and went for a stroll along the beach! How Bromantic you might think, however andrea was with us so there! We then headed back, said our goodbyes to andrea and her crew and used or cooker for the first time! In the words of Mr Booth...'The scran TWAS PENG!!' After the budget dinner of chicken on tiger bread, we yet again surcame to the fact that the film we would be falling asleep to would be yet again Mr darko. Goodnight Piha!

Goodmorning Piha!! We woke up to a bright and breezy day! We needed bread for our sausages, so while lee attempted to have a shower a the outdoor toilets jack came across, jack jogged to the shop to buy some (he made a swift exit because he claims it was full of inbreds) However Lee did not have a shower because it was soooooo cold! But decided to have a thourough wash in the sinks provided! (still cold btw) Eventually changed Lee started to cook the sausaged while jack went for a shower! Off he goes into the distance behind the shed to have a cold shower! A few mintues later he returns! Body bright RED...no doubt the making of hyperthermia! (tanned from the sunbed he claimed!) however he didnt let cold phase him! He then admitted he went in the sea aswell as the shower! NUT JOB! Lee thought, he gave jack a look of stupidity and that was that! SHOWER, SAUSAGES, SEA, What a great start to day they thought! Where to go now? New Zealand being there oyster! After stopping off at the supermarket for fresh supplies we ventured off to a place called Waiwera to the thermal Pools!With us not being Chistopher Columbus we had a tricky task at hand. However after asking for a few directions we eventually made it! We were surprised to find that this place was as big as something really small! Tesco Express if you will. We paid our entry fee into the pools and off we went. Jack discovered there was a gym! He had been going on about working out all trip so was soooo happy to come across this pot of gold at the end of his rainbow! Lee on the other hand wasn't so keen but decided he should do a little workout just to keep jack company! After about half an hour Lee couldnt be arsed anymore and went off to the SPA. Later Jack would join. After walking around the SPA like the DON, going in room after room, treatment after treatement and bath robe after bath robe, we found out that we were not permitted to go in any of these rooms! $40 a room in fact!We had just abused over $200 of SPA treatments for FREE!! Yeeeee Boiiiii. We then decided to make a swift exit and head back to Auckland for tea! We set up camp under Auckland Bridge, there Jack cooked up some mean pork steaks and we sat on the water front eating our last meal of the day and Oasis to keep us company, showing the locals what music really is! They seemed very appreciative of the music from the North...especially Rock 'n' Roll Star, they loved that one! We decided we should go out into auckland considering its saturday night...so here we are, not out yet ofcourse but we intend to go now! so hope you enjoyed our first few days as much as we did and we shall see ya'll later...Sweet As!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb