I"m Cold.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
June 5th 2017
Published: June 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A Happy Ten Year Old.A Happy Ten Year Old.A Happy Ten Year Old.

Pierced ears for her birthday.
No blog for quite some time so I thought I better put one through just to sum up my year since April.

Yes, it's very cold today with a southerly whipping through. We are now well into winter and I'm finding it very hard to keep warm. This will be the first time in six years that I haven't headed off to the Northern Hemisphere to get away from our winter and make use of the summer over there. I can already tell that I'm going to find it hard but I'm hoping that there will be some benefits, like having an excuse to stay in bed longer in the morning, staying inside and not having to do some of the jobs that need doing outside because I don't want to get cold. Basically just being a bit more lazy.

One of the reasons for no more travel is that Di is going to receive a knee replacement early July, so that has curtailed travel in the medium term. It will mean that Di will be able to take part in a lot more activities once this has been done and the recoup time has passed. We are looking
Holly's Birthday.Holly's Birthday.Holly's Birthday.

A special Pizza meal at a restaurant with friends and family.
forward to that time.

Had a bit of excitement in the bay in front of us a few weeks ago. Di was watching through binoculars a helicopter fly from across the inlet with a telegraph pole hanging below it. Suddenly she was yelling out that it was in trouble and down it came, into the inlet. Quite a sight. We watched while on the phone to the emergency number and then described what had happened and that we could see the pilot crawl out and sit down on the top of the chopper that was out of the water. Very lucky man as he landed on a sand bank and the tide was at half height. We then spent the next couple of hours watching as the rescue helicopter came in and also the coast guard boat from Mana arrived. A bit of excitement that ended well with no injury {apart from pride} and a very damaged chopper.

We spent a week up in Hawkes Bay in late April where we caught up with Pam and Warwick who we hadn't seen for ages. It was great to catch up and have time to natter and enjoy the catch up. We also had time with the girls prior to having a fun day for Holly's 10th birthday. Always good to catch up with every one, especially when only just having returned from Norway and England.

I spent a few days in Taupo with Corrado, just enjoying the beautiful weather and the Lake. Every time I get up there I am reminded of my love for Taupo. Love the walks and the scenery, and of course the fishing. Got out on the lake on a beautiful day and just poked about the western bays enjoying the solitude and mountains. Nice time.

Late May we headed off to Sydney to stay with Tim and Lucy, joined there by Vivienne, Charlie and Louise who arrived in the next day, and also Leanne who came down from the Gold Coast. The main reason for the trip was to see the lights of "Vivid Sydney" where they project lights of every colour and numerous patterns onto buildings, trees, fountains, grass, monuments and of course the Sydney Opera House as well as the Harbour bridge.

Spent time watching young Joe play his college rugby and thoroughly enjoyed it. Haven't watched college rugby
Waiting for Pizza.Waiting for Pizza.Waiting for Pizza.

Ella having fun.
for years.

It also enabled us to meet up with John for a couple of lunches, and also travel up to the Blue Mountains to catch up with Magdelena and our youngest nephew Leo. This was great and we had a good day. What a delightful little fellow he is.

We will be going back up to the Bay next week and onward to Gisborne to stay with Pam and Warwick for a few days. Looking forward to this so much.

After that it is just the waiting game until Di's op. Keep well. Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Helicopter Down.Helicopter Down.
Helicopter Down.

A lucky escape for the pilot, seen sitting on the body of his helicopter.
Lets Go Boating.Lets Go Boating.
Lets Go Boating.

Corrado taking "Irene" out for a casual trip down the western bays.
Beautiful Day.Beautiful Day.
Beautiful Day.

What better than a slow trip down Lake Taupo in the sunshine, with still waters, with the mountains, the autumn colours and just a magic day. I'm happy.
Maori Caving.Maori Caving.
Maori Caving.

In the western bays.
Mother and Daughter.Mother and Daughter.
Mother and Daughter.

Vivienne and Louise down on the Sydney water front.
Waiting For A Meal.Waiting For A Meal.
Waiting For A Meal.

Charlie,Lucy,John,Viv,Self,Tim,Louise and Leanne. Wheres Di? Someone had to take the photo.
More Wine??More Wine??
More Wine??

Leanne says NO!! Yea, Right!
Selfie.Selfie.
Selfie.

Lucy takes a selfie but I get in the act. This is our contribution to "Vivid"
In The Blue Mountains.In The Blue Mountains.
In The Blue Mountains.

Charles pleased he bought a jacket.
Blue MountainsBlue Mountains
Blue Mountains

Di with the Three Sisters in the back ground.
My MatesMy Mates
My Mates

Meet these two guys while in a hotel.
"Vivid Sydney""Vivid Sydney"
"Vivid Sydney"

Fantastic patterns, colours and animation. Projected onto buildings, trees and all over the place. Great event.
Harbour Bridge.Harbour Bridge.
Harbour Bridge.

Di looking at all the sights.
Louise.Louise.
Louise.

Standing by a row of Sun Flowers. These were lovely and followed the pathway for a while.
Whats This?Whats This?
Whats This?

NZ Kiwis in Sydney. They looked great and even had their songs coming through.
Vivid Trees.Vivid Trees.
Vivid Trees.

Magic just standing watching the colour changes and shape change.
A Bright Walkway.A Bright Walkway.
A Bright Walkway.

Walking through a tunnel of lights.
Lovely.Lovely.
Lovely.

This had a great animation of frogs with changing foliage. They would jump about and eat bugs that came into the vision. Fantastic.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb