Normal Day's At Home.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 3rd 2017
Published: March 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Together In Taupo.Together In Taupo.Together In Taupo.

Annabelle, Ella Sadie and Holly.
Since my last blog we have returned to NZ and are just doing our normal thing. At long last our house is back to normal and the contractors have got everything all sorted as far as flood damage is concerned. As the floods were in early November, it has taken a while, but the contractors have been hampered by the fact that we have been away for quite a bit of the time and they have worked around this well. In fact, the whole process has been great really and they have been fantastic. It's nice to have our bedroom back and not have to sleep in the lounge.

So home life is back to normal. We have been away of course, spending time in Hawkes bay looking after the kids for school holidays and also taking them to Taupo to stay at Annemarie and Corrado's house. Di and I stayed on there with Annemarie and Carrado, going out in the boat and just relaxing. Viv and her granddaughter, Annabelle, were also there, so it was a great catch up time. We love Lake Taupo, not only for the fishing, but the walks and bike trails are great, along with
Anebelle, Ella and Holly.Anebelle, Ella and Holly.Anebelle, Ella and Holly.

At the hot water thermal stream. Lovely setting.
the many other things that you can do. We went to Waiotapu thermal area, swam in the lake and the heated pools. Also the girls waded and paddled in a beautiful thermal stream, Kerosene Creek, that runs through the bush. Fish and chips on the lake shore in the evening is always a high light. The kids are back at school now so the year rolls on.

THE FOLLOWING was written a couple of weeks ago, BUT this has changed.

"I can't believe it!! At this stage we have made no plans for travel outside of NZ for this year. I really want to change that and am working on it. We will see. I have in my mind that I need to do things while I can, and there are so many things to do. But first we must get our house back in order."

So we have been doing family things, lots of walking, rearranging the house, catching up with friends and all of life's normal things while spending time in Hawkes Bay with a bit of fishing and watching Holly's swimming sports.

THEN..... As Stella in Norway is going to celebrate her 6th
Beautiful Lake Taupo.Beautiful Lake Taupo.Beautiful Lake Taupo.

Such a nice place to be.
birthday we thought it may be a big surprise if we were there to help her have a fun day. So we are off in a few days to spend time with them and then do a couple of other things in the UK as well. So there will be a little bit of travel news in the next few weeks. Really looking forward to it. Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Captain.Captain.
Captain.

Corrado enjoys his boat "Irene" out on the Lake.
Relaxing.Relaxing.
Relaxing.

Annemarie and Di enjoy the sunshine and a drink on the back of the boat.
A Nice Rainbow Trout.A Nice Rainbow Trout.
A Nice Rainbow Trout.

A magic time on the Mohaka River.
A Very Successful Day.A Very Successful Day.
A Very Successful Day.

A 1st and 2nd for Frimley School. Holly and Danielle after the breast stroke at the Inter School Swim Meet.
Annabelle,Ella, Sadie and Holly. Annabelle,Ella, Sadie and Holly.
Annabelle,Ella, Sadie and Holly.

Cousins kids. The family continues to grow.
Hot thermal Stream.Hot thermal Stream.
Hot thermal Stream.

Interesting place called Kerosene Creek. People come to soak in the water in a very nice setting.
The Water is Warm.The Water is Warm.
The Water is Warm.

No problem getting in to this stream. Annabelle, Ella and Holly loved it.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb