Another sailing travelblog!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
June 29th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its not often that you get pictures of your own boat (for obvious reasons) and whilst the Dominion Newspaper would resort to computer generated images - as it did when it had a massive picture of the inter-island ferry being knocked over to a scary 50 degree angle and almost sinking on last week's front page - here is the real thing, and no 15ft waves, thankfully.

Also a few more pictures taken last week, don't worry the really arty-travelly-landscape shots will start again soon when we get to the south island, its meant to be boooootifal down there. Can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Out to lunchOut to lunch
Out to lunch

Ok so we are not zooooming along but pretty isn't it?
Out to lunch 2Out to lunch 2
Out to lunch 2

This was part of the ladies race, Tom came out on another yacht and took some pics of us going around the course. Believe me when I say Wellington Harbour (or Te Whanganui-a-Tara in Maori) does not usually look this calm!
Welly  skylineWelly  skyline
Welly skyline

Out to lunch being chased by Mint Condition
Out to lunch 3Out to lunch 3
Out to lunch 3

Out to lunch and 'Mint Condition', they are in a class which uses spinnikers - that the big sail at the front, they are always crazy colours - which is why they are overtaking us!
sailing 4sailing 4
sailing 4

Tom having a cup of tea! of course! Logan (on the right) is having his first baby this week - or his wife is? - ahhhhhh bless.
Just the 4 of usJust the 4 of us
Just the 4 of us

A beautiful group photo taken after a couple of g + t's at Paula and Alisdair's friend Dannie's house. - I hope thats a deliberatly silly face Tom?!
Julie teaching Alisdair to danceJulie teaching Alisdair to dance
Julie teaching Alisdair to dance

- yep there was definately gin involved here too.
on the way to workon the way to work
on the way to work

Its a long walk - about an hour - so we thought that we had better share it with you!
Paula and Alisdair Paula and Alisdair
Paula and Alisdair

On their way to dinner at the mess, and very smart they look too.


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb