Cable cars and Irish pubs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
October 10th 2009
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Meike and I looked out the window in the morning and saw some blue sky so we quickly got ready and went to the cable car. We paid $3 NZD and got a ride to the top. Pretty view from up there. It was kind of chilly and of course windy. The clouds were starting to roll in. We decided to walk around the Botanical garden on the downhill track to the city.

The gardens are really nice but it’s just the start of the spring so there are flowers but there will be more later. As we were getting close to the bottom it started to rain. Meike and I were not impressed haha.

We stopped for lunch to warm up and then it started to really rain again so we stopped in a cafe for a hot chocolate. After the rain died down we got some groceries and watched another movie.

We decided to go to the Basement Bar in our hostel as it is our last night together. But the bar is tiny and not very good haha. We had a couple of drinks and while we were sitting there this Kiwi guy comes up to us and tells us how he is from Christchurch and they are on a rugby trip and there was a big group of them. So, he makes us wear some kind of sticker for his rugby team. He was a bit of an older guy and kept trying to get us to dance. We left right after that haha.

But we still wanted to go out so we walked over to Molly Malones an Irish pub not far from the hostel. It was packed and a kiwi band was playing irish music. Loved it!! We had a great time listening to the band and watching the crazy drunk boys dancing. Quite hilarious. We met some pretty funny guys.

The whole time that I’ve been with Meike she has been singing the song “What shall we do with the drunken sailor”, no idea why that song haha but it’s always stuck in her head I think. Well, this band started playing “our” song haha and we’ve never laughed so hard. Everytime I hear that song I will always think of Meike haha.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb