King Kong Comes Home!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
December 14th 2005
Published: December 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hot off the press!!

Who needs Leicester Square, London when you've got Courtenay Place, Wellington!! After all those other poncy premiers, Wellington's home-grown hero Peter Jackson finally brought his King Kong party back to its home for its REAL premier!

We got a decent spot at the beginning of the red capret and saw everyone arrive that we wanted to and a whole load that we really didn't care about.

We saw Dan Carter (All Blacks stand-off and Jo-Ann's hunk of the year) and stars from the film like Jamie Bell (previously of Billy Elliott fame), Colin Hanks (who I'm sure is really, really sick of being known as multi-Oscar winner Tom Hanks's son!), Andy Serkis (played Gollum in the Lord of the Rings and plays King Kong) Adrien Brody (previously mostly of The Pianist fame) and Naomi Watts (can't remember what she's been in but she plays the lead role in Kong but needs to eat some food - waaaay too skinny. Unfortunately Jack Black couldn't make it to Wellington as he's already started his next film - shame as he's quite cool and went to the School of Rock!! Kerrang!!

Anyway, it was a scorching
Ooh, Dan!!  Over here, Dan!!Ooh, Dan!!  Over here, Dan!!Ooh, Dan!! Over here, Dan!!

Jo-Ann got excited when Mr Carter appeared...
day in Wellington and the hour and a half of waiting with sweat running down our backs wase worth it.

Here's the best snaps we got....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Director, Peter Jackson puts in an appearanceDirector, Peter Jackson puts in an appearance
Director, Peter Jackson puts in an appearance

Just as well he times his movie shots better than his blinking
Hanks Jr.Hanks Jr.
Hanks Jr.

He's his Dad's spit so he his...
Adrien Brody with his burdAdrien Brody with his burd
Adrien Brody with his burd

I hope he has an excuse for that haircut
Doing the mediaDoing the media
Doing the media

Adrien Brody talks to that lassie from One News
Eat something, Naomi!!Eat something, Naomi!!
Eat something, Naomi!!

Luckily King Kong was computer-generated as even I would crush her in my grip.


15th December 2005

ADRIEN BRODY
You got to see Adrien Brody! *sigh* Lucky. I agree with you about Naomi, she needs to eat.
17th April 2006

King Kong Is Wicked
I love King Kong

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb