Day Seventy Three


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
July 31st 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey! We are in Wellington!

After hiking around the waterfalls in the Tongariro National Park yesterday, we met some more Germans and had a good night watching movies while the storm raged outside. We left this morning and drove south through the rain, and have spent the last five hours walking around downtown Wellington. It is great to be here. It is the most beautiful city we have seen in NZ. The buildings are more historical and architecturally interesting than Auckland or Waihi or anywhere else we have been. Our ferry leaves early tomorrow morning and then we will finally be in the south island! We are meeting up with our friend Gonzalo in Blenheim, and then making our way down to Queenstown. We are in a backpackers tonight, and plan to stay in cheap accommodation similar to this in the south island. We may wind up staying in our van a night or two, who knows. It is pretty comfortable in there. More space than the couch.

The skiing was GREAT. We only had one day of good weather while we were around Mt. Ruapehu, and it was more than we could have asked for. We still plan on skiing a day in the south island at either Treble Cone or Cardrona in Wanaka. The view from the Whakapapa ski field was the best we have seen yet. Wait til we get to the south island! Pictures won't do it justice!

Advertisement



31st July 2008

funny story
so this is random.. Pat was over the other day and took the dogs to the park, and the old lady from next door came outside... "HI JACK HOW ARE YOU??" and Pats like "uummm pretty good.." and she said "so you still doing the landscaping thing?" and he was like "aahh no I quit that last year. I work in a ski shop now, and am actually in New Zealand." And then she kinda looked at him and was like "ooh. now Ted, he is the barker! But the second I look at him and say sshhhh he stops!" And that was that. Nice blog by the way, come home!
1st August 2008

Hey
Hey Lindsay! Congratulations!! Hey, so sorry to bother you while you're away but do you think it is at all possible to have your parents mail me the directions to the loft I bought from you? My address is 939 Gowan Ave NW, Maple Lake MN 55358. Again, I'm so sorry to bug you! Sounds like you are having an amazing time!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb