Wellington free day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 2nd 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WellingtonWellingtonWellington

Spot the floating ball
Got up rather late since I didnt have to check out. For some reason seemed to have aquired a bad back (bed was comfortable enough).

Spen some time writing emails and left the Hostel at around 12:00ish. Since I was pushed for time I grabed some lunch from the supermarket while on the way to the Te Papa museum.

The Te Papa is the biggest museum in New Zealand and Probably one of the best that I've been too. It consisits of a nice mix of Natural, Historical, cultural and artistic history of new zealand. Lots of cool interactive bits, such as a house you can stand in which shakes to give you an idea of what an earthquake would be like.

Havter a couple of hours I headed sown town. Wellington is really nice and has many many shops cafes and bars. There is also a large number of museum but is still quite small and laid back for a capital city. There are many high rise buildings (although no more then 20 stories) which seem higher due to the denseness of the city and narrow streets.

After having wondered down town and having seen the strange bee hive looking parliment building I stopped off at another supermarket on the way back and bought some dinner and munches (heading south tomorrow).

Headed back to the hostal (quite tired now) cooked myself dinner then got an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb