River Valley - Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 1st 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up late, but unfortunatly not as late as Id hoped (9:30 - Id kill for a lay in).

We all sat around in the communal area for a while and had planned to go to the creek again but scotty told us that we were to depart a t 11:00.

We were all ready by that time but a couple that had gone horse riding hadnt come back yet so we waited for a while then decided to kill time by playing volleyball (sorry but while im writing this everyone is watching Lost behind me - trying to ignore it as its the new series and I havnt seen any of it yet. But the fit brunnet just started taking her kit off, so full concentration not possible!)

Where was I.......

Volleyball. Good laugh but we all got ripped to pieces by the sand flies. Wouldnt leave us alone.

Today was going to be another long day so scotty put on that great history lesson that is Braveheart.

Stopped in Bull for lunch. Everyshop and store in bull due to tradiition have to have the word bull in their name. Even mcdonalds (Mac value - bull), Subway (Sub mersa - bull). Apart from all the silly names its a dead end town. Had a subway (sorry, Sub mersa - bull). Foot long meat ball. Thought it was too much but wolfed it down.

Got back on the bus and discovered that my hiking shoes (in a white plastic bag - with my name on it!!!) had gone missing. Turned out that the two canadians Kathrine and Ali were doing a bit of a clean up and thought it was rubbish. We had to all go back to the bin and Kathine embarasingly had to fish them out of the bin for me.

On the road again and by the time Mel Gibson had killed all the english - gotten gutted ect ect, we'd arrived in Wellington.

It was late and very windy (always windy here, they call it windy wellington). Checked in showered then mmet up with everyone for a bite to eat.

We headed back then made our way to the bar down stairs for drinks. The bar seemed to only play Michael Jackson and his videos (hate to admit it but I quite enjoyed it).

Essentialy alot of people were going their separate ways ( I was planning to stay an extra day in Wellington) so a big night was on the cards. We made full use of happy hour. Also played table foot ball, which our team (Adam and myself) smashed the opposition (Luke and Brad).

Later went to a club/bar where it was 3 NZ dollars a pint. Old skool night as well so there was a lot of ties, pigtales and short skirts. Some dude managed to knock my table and spill the entire contense of my pint all over my nice clean jeans (why does it always land in your crotch). But he appologised profusely and bought me a new pint.

Stayed till late (although it started emptying out at 11:00 - New Zealanders dont seem to have much stamina) but we hung around till 4ish, then headed back to the hostel (we stopped on the way so Kathrine and Ali both had there first kebabs).



Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb