To the beach!


Advertisement
Published: March 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Kapiti IslandKapiti IslandKapiti Island

taken from the coastal raod
It was another cracking day so we resolved that we had no option but to hit the beach. Simon stayed at home and worked on his music (making up mixes for a part-Maori, part-Indian wedding) and the rest of us, kids n'all, headed up the Kapiti Coast to Waikanae Beach.

The drive was about an hour but it was worth it - there are beaches much closer to the city, even some in the city, but they get a bit busy. There were only a handful of people on this beach which made it easier to keep an eye on the kids and we had a great view out towards the Kapiti Island which is a wildlife sanctuary.

Liann had prepared a bit of a feast and we noshed ourselves sensless after letting the kids play for a bit. Isabella liked to play with the waves and generally get wet and Dominic just liked to eat sand and chew on everything and anything - as you do at that age.

The day was topped of with a barbeque in the evening of chicken kebabs (bits of marinated chicken on skewers rather than the 3am kind of munchies meal
Mummy, this stuff is cold and wet!?!Mummy, this stuff is cold and wet!?!Mummy, this stuff is cold and wet!?!

Domonic and Isabella get wet...
from Abrakebabra on Lothian Road!), steak and sausages - sensational...

A great antipodean day was had by all! Roll on next summer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

I'm not going...it's too cold!I'm not going...it's too cold!
I'm not going...it's too cold!

Jo-Ann refuses the water jump
Chilling'Chilling'
Chilling'

Dominic and Angus relaxing on the volcanic sand


Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 74; dbt: 0.215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb