Settling in


Advertisement
Published: March 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Wellington at 7:30am on 3rd March and we were met at the airport by our friends, Simon & Liann who we will be staying with until we find our own digs....which will take a while!

Angus used to play basketball (if that's what you call it!) with Simon when he and Liann were over in the UK for 2 years and we stayed with them when we came to New Zealand last year on our honeymoon. They are so amazingly hospitable and we have fun with their kids, Isabella who is 3 and Dominic who is 11 months.

We've had a few trips into the city of Wellington which is about 40 minutes on the train from Silverstream where we are staying. Welly's a great city with a lovely harbour and quayside, loads of great bars, restaurants, cafes and extremely friendly and warm people. We've been lucky with the weather so far and the famous Wellington wind has only bared its teeth a few times (the local Super 12 rugby team isn't called the Hurricanes for nothing).

Both of us have a couple of job applications in but no news yet of interviews - its apparently the best time to be looking for work as the unemployment level is the lowest its been for years and its what they call an 'applicant's market'. Hopefully our search for jobs will end soon!

Here's some photos to keep y'all happy until we have more to report! Bye for now....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Nice hat!Nice hat!
Nice hat!

Jo-Ann looking dapper with a glass of the local bevvy
Men at work...Men at work...
Men at work...

..girls keep away!
On another collision course..On another collision course..
On another collision course..

Isabella and Dominic get ready to lock horns again
Kelburn Park...Kelburn Park...
Kelburn Park...

..from the top of the Wellington Cable Car
Discussing shopping tacticsDiscussing shopping tactics
Discussing shopping tactics

Jo-Ann & Liann is a world of their own...


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb