Beehive


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region » Wellington
January 11th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Government HouseGovernment HouseGovernment House

Front steps of Government House
We drove into Wellington but ended up in Eastbourne lucky really because we forgot the camera, so because we had to turn around we ended up back at the camp ground for the camera and toilet stops of course. So we drove into Wellington again and this time ended up there!!! We got all day parking for $3.
We walked to the Beehive just in time for a tour which lasted 1 hour we were the only kiwison the tour. eThe kids were awesome they asked heaps of questions and Aimee got to be the chair in the Maori select committee we got to be the opposition.
The buildings were impressive Mark liked the government library building Holly did a cartwheel in the ballroom. Some old chinese lady was fascinated with all 4 kids and kept touching their hands and faces the kids were great about it. We saw Jeanette and Rodneys little stands in the debating chamber which Mitch was desperate to see. All 4 kids said they would like to work there.
We picniced on the lawn in front of the beehive marmite sandwhiches and cameo creams!!
We drunk our drinks out of stolen plastic cups from the beehive
Princess FairyPrincess FairyPrincess Fairy

Princess Fairy in her garden
Cheers John!!!
We walked and walked and walked to the cable car and took it to the top, walked through the botanical gardens and played on the awesome playground up there. After more cameo creams, marshmallows and Dark Ghana we walked back up the hill to t
he Cannon where we shot Nazis, under Jakes command and Mitch shot Hitler to end the war and send us back down the cable car to Lambton Quay. Then we walked and walked and walked and walked down to Cuba Street did a spot of shopping turned around and climbed 187 steps up to our carpark building up on the Terrace.
We were too tired to do anything else so we drove back to Petone and bought Marks dinner choice spag bol on the way back we accidently saw where our pizza oven was born and will go and visit tomorrow.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Harris GangHarris Gang
Harris Gang

In the Princess Fairy's Garden


11th January 2009

Great Blog
Awesome blog Harris Bloggers

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.9kb