North Island (Picton - Wellington)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region » Wellington
September 14th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As we had to catch the ferry at 10am, we were all up relatively early. Feeling proud of our early morning organisation, we got to the ferry port 15 minutes early, only to be told that the ferry was running 40 minutes late. Not wanting to sit in a queue waiting for the ferry, we headed back into town to a bakery ("4th Best in New Zealand, 2006") for some cake and coffee. When we returned to the ferry port, we didn't have to wait too long until we boarded. Once on-board we found some good seats infront of the TV in the bar and settled in for the 3 hour crossing.

We arrived in Wellington just before 2pm and quickly navigated our way to quite a posh hostel and checked in. First on our list of sights to see was Subway since sub-of-the-day was Subway Club (one of our favourites!). Not sure what to do for the remaining part of the afternoon, we headed to the Te Papa Museum. This was a huge museum and since it was free entry, it was even more appealing to us. The museum offered us an interactive insight into New Zealand's physical and human history. However, after a while we became bored but Ollie had managed to cause the largest possible earthquake on their simulator!

We then headed to a nearby snooker hall, as this captured our interests far more than the museum had! We played snooker for a few hours and enjoyed some Monteiths before heading back to the hostel. As we only had one night in Wellington, we showered, put on some cleanish clothes and headed to the bar underneath our hostel. We had a few drinks and then went for dinner in a nearby cinemas' food court. As it was sunday night, everywhere was relatively quiet and we ended up playing pool before going to bed much earlier than expected!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb