Wellington to Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
September 15th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since the kitchen in the hostel was closed for renovation we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast (eggs on toast!) in the bistro downstairs. Once again, we had a large drive ahead of us and set off around 9.30am. We drove almost continuously until we reached a little town called Waiouru. Coincidentally, this small town was also home to a Subway and we stopped for lunch. (Sub-of-the-day: Meatball Marinara - another popular choice!).

After stuffing our faces, we drove the final 100km to Taupo and checked into a hostel. We then went out for our standard exploring ramble and refuelled at McDonalds. The main reason for coming to Taupo was to skydive and after some quick research we booked one for the following day. The main factor influencing our decision was that we would be picked up in a limo and driven to the airfield in that!

In the evening we stocked up on food supplies, used the internet briefly and returned to the hostel. As we were all excited about the forthcoming day, we had dinner, enjoyed some beer and cards and then retired for an early night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.2kb