A Martinbourgh Wedding. Leanne and Jasper


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wairarapa
January 17th 2019
Published: January 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Leanne and JasperLeanne and JasperLeanne and Jasper

A magic day, a magic occasion and a very happy couple.
The wedding we have been waiting for, that of Leanne and Jasper, took place on Saturday the 29th December at Brackenridge Winery, just outside Martinbourgh, with the weather playing it's part well, sunshine and enough breeze to keep the temperature hot, but not too hot. Over 180 people enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the laid back ceremony out on the lawn, while the evening celebrations were enjoyed with a great meal, magic speeches and quite a few tears shed in amongst the huge smiles with some exciting announcements being made. Dancing was of the usual high standard and by the end of the evening everyone was happy and exhausted. A beautiful couple enjoying their big day together with family and friends. Magic. For the families of Leanne and Jasper this was a terrific chance to catch up with extended family with Uncles, Aunties, cousins, in laws, and close family friends all traveling from near and far. So many people came long distances to join in from overseas, so great to see Jaspers Grandparents enjoying themselves, all the way from Holland. So many people catching up with each other after not seeing one another, in some cases, for years. So nice to see that family ties keep strong even during long absences.

The evening before the wedding day was great with lots of food and refreshments, lots of laughs, old and young getting to know each other and old acquaintances being renewed. I know that Chris and Hege, Amy and Jeremy and the girls had a ball.

Once the farewells to people were finished on the Sunday, we all drove back to home in Whitby so we could have the last days together before Amy, Jeremy, Holly and Ella had to get back to Hastings. Some very very sad young girls when parting but a great family time together.

Chris and Hege wanted to have a few days in Sydney on their way home so Di and I decided to travel there with them and say our good-byes there. So off to Sydney for a few days and a special place for accommodation, the 73rd floor of the Meriton World Tower in a three bedroom apartment. Spectacular views in a prime location. Fantastic. Chris and Hege were determined to see Bondi Beach, Manly Beach and Taronga Zoo along with as much of the other sights we could fit in.
Chris and Amy.Chris and Amy.Chris and Amy.

Brother and Sister enjoying their time together.
With sporadic weather dictating some activities we saw and did most things. An evening at Tim and Lucys for dinner was great with a spectacular electrical storm with some unbelievable rain making for an interesting time. I have always thought that Sydney is an amazing harbour and I always enjoy walking the beaches and headlands. So on the 7th of January, amid lots of hugs and tears we parted company awith Chris, Hege Lilly And Stella at Sydney airport after having a magic Christmas, New Year and time together. Time goes so fast in these circumstances but the memories have been made to store away. Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Amy, Hege and Diane.Amy, Hege and Diane.
Amy, Hege and Diane.

Bubbles to start the celebrations.
Holly and Lilly.Holly and Lilly.
Holly and Lilly.

Excited to celebrate the wedding and to be together for the holidays.
Bondi Beach, Sydney.Bondi Beach, Sydney.
Bondi Beach, Sydney.

Hot Hot Hot at this beautiful beach.
Stella and LillyStella and Lilly
Stella and Lilly

With Hoppo, the famous life guard from the TV series Bondi Rescue. Excitement plus.
World Famous. World Famous.
World Famous.

Not Di and I but Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.
Paddle Boarding At Manley. Paddle Boarding At Manley.
Paddle Boarding At Manley.

On the inner harbour. Such a beautiful area and so safe for kids.
Evening Drinks.Evening Drinks.
Evening Drinks.

Then a fine dinner at Lucy and Tims. A magic evening.
Taronga Zoo.Taronga Zoo.
Taronga Zoo.

Yes, its raining but we had great fun walking around all the areas. A great place to spend a few hours.
At The Wedding.At The Wedding.
At The Wedding.

Four cousins who enjoyed themselves so much, being together and creating memories.
Brothers and Sisters.Brothers and Sisters.
Brothers and Sisters.

Looking Good. Paul, Peter, Michael, Diane, John, Vivienne, Tim and Annemarie. First time together for such a long time.
Mother Of The Bride.Mother Of The Bride.
Mother Of The Bride.

Annemarie feeling proud. It was a great day.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb