Hawkes Bay, Taupo, The Last Of The Holidays.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
February 23rd 2019
Published: February 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Lake Taupo. A Family at Play.Lake Taupo. A Family at Play.Lake Taupo. A Family at Play.

Amy and Holly paddle, Ella swims and Jeremy watches on.
After having been busy with Christmas, New Year, a bit of travel and spending all of our time with the family, we are now getting back into the routine of life at home. We have had a wonderful time right through the festive season with Chris's and Amy's families and then, during the last of the school holidays spending time in Hastings and Taupo with the odd couple of days at home in Wellington. Now back to reality.

Hawkes Bay was extremely hot over the last few weeks so energy levels were not high and motivation to go fishing, nil. Long walks on Ocean Beach, wonderful, and climbs up Te Mata peak, exhausting, swimming as much as possible and keeping in the shade. As it should be in holiday time.

Idilic days in Taupo with Amy, Jeremy and the kids, walking swimming and once again just relaxing. Taupo will always be one of my favourite places to spend time and I always leave there with a bit of regret. While there we spent time out on the lake with Corrado and Annemarie, and a lot of time watching Amy, Jeremy and the girls paddle boarding and generally splashing around. Back in Hawkes Bay for the start back to school then school sports etc. Holly has now started intermediate and seems to love it at this stage.

At this time of year we usually have our year planned as far as travel goes, but at this stage we are unsure of our timing for our annual trip to Norway. Probably later than usual this year.

We have plans for a week in Whitianga, with Corrado and Annemarie in mid March and then, in late May we will be spending 10 days on the Gold Coast, Australia, with Viv and Charlie. I return home for 1 day, and then I will be joining Warwick, flying back to Cairns, Australia and driving to Port Douglas and Cooktown for 10 days in June. So looking forward to all these events. We really do need to have something exciting planned to work toward.

For now we have lots to do at home with some small projects and a couple of big ones. Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Ella In Charge.Ella In Charge.
Ella In Charge.

Corrado watches Ella at the controls of his boat.
Diane and Amy.Diane and Amy.
Diane and Amy.

Enjoying being out on Lake Taupo.
Splish Splash. Great Fun.Splish Splash. Great Fun.
Splish Splash. Great Fun.

Ella has landed and Holly is about to.
Parasailing. Lake Taupo.Parasailing. Lake Taupo.
Parasailing. Lake Taupo.

Holly, Jeremy and Ella soaring high above the lake. So much fun.
The Family.The Family.
The Family.

On a wonderful point after a walk, with a yacht sailing past. Such a beautiful spot.
Lets Go Paddle.Lets Go Paddle.
Lets Go Paddle.

Holly off to the water.
Sailing At Paremata.Sailing At Paremata.
Sailing At Paremata.

I love sitting on the deck at home watching this.
Ella's Triathalon.Ella's Triathalon.
Ella's Triathalon.

Ella after the 50 mt swim.
On Your Bike.On Your Bike.
On Your Bike.

For 4 ks.
Now The Run.Now The Run.
Now The Run.

For 1.5 ks.
Then The Medal.Then The Medal.
Then The Medal.

This Weetbix Triatholon is great for showing the kids just what they can do. Swim, Bike and Run then every kid gets a medal. Engouraging kids to try things.
Me And My Lake Taupo.Me And My Lake Taupo.
Me And My Lake Taupo.

Just love sitting watching the water and loving the solitude.


Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb