Morrinsville - it's all about the cows


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Waikato » Morrinsville
September 13th 2016
Published: September 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Morrinsville may be a small town but it has a huge personality. If you are passing through, or staying in nearby Hamilton, it is worth spending a few hours here. http://www.morrinsvillenz.co.nz/



If it is your first visit, I suggest you park near the iSite and visit the lovely ladies there who will be able to answer all your questions and provide you with plenty of ideas about what you can do in/around Morrinsville. There is a small playground next to the iSite which is a brilliant idea as you can give the kids some exercise before exploring the town. Leave your car there as the town is small enough to be easily explored on foot.



Walking through the town, you will find many interesting shops, great cafes (the Crazee Cow is my favourite), bakeries and a herd of unusual cows. These are very special cows that are used to posing for photographs. They even have their own website: www.herdofcowsmorrinsville.co.nz This is amazing street art that attracts many visitors and is my favourite street art in NZ. Every one is different and some match the businesses they are outside, eg the one outside Resene has it hoofs in paint tins which is hilarious.



Geocaches: 1) Look for the sign (of course), 2) there are only a few other geocaches here. However, there is an easy one with great parking just a few kilometres from town (GC3H996) which is a good one for the kids to find.

Munzees: There are a few greenies here - not enough to make a special trip for.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

1 of the herd1 of the herd
1 of the herd

Even the back end is pretty.


Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb