Taupo to Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Turangi
October 5th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

...where was I? Oh yes "Craters of the Moon"
Lots of steamy holes and weird smells basically!
Then onto Rotorua where we were staying for Tuesday night.
First stop Te Puia, Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley. Yes, more steamy holes (but bigger and very muddy) and more weird smells (but much, much smellier!) Rotten sulphurous eggs pervades the air and not just in the Thermal valley. After we completed the tour (and very good it was too) we carried on into Rotorua to find our hotel. Nice place but as soon as you opened the window it wasn't fresh air that came flooding in. They say you get used to it!
Tha night was spent sipping a few quality beers at a place called Craft Ales. Then an excellent steak before returning to the pub just to make sure the beer was as good as the first time!
Home to bed. At least the rotten smells could be blamed on the Sulphur not the beer!
Tomorrow Ross return's home having spent just 4 days in NZ! George and I plan a helicopter trip and a visit to Agrodome "home to the multi award winning Sheep Show" (I kid you not - and no sheep jokes thank you very much)
Stay tuned for the next exciting installments (with photos being added on Saturday hopefully!)
Good night campers.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb