Day 181 New Zealand, Lake Taupo to Tongariro


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Friends, countrymen and Bloggers,



We woke up cold again, we can’t believe the temperatre drop between the south and north islands. We had a nice breakfast of bacon sandwiches and headed off to the airport. We had booked up a sky dive today and were both really excited and nervous about it.



We had also booked up to get our van fixed after so we had a busy day.



We got to the airfield and checked in, sorted out what package we wanted and were all ready and excited, we got into our suits, harnessed up and were all ready. We boarded the little prop plane and within 30min were up to 15,000ft, this is where it went wrong!!! The wind got up and was over the maximum speed so had to come back down and land: a big anti-climax L!!!!



We were told they would not be doing any more dives. So we left a little deflated but on the positive side we just did a free 40-minute free scenic plane ride and got a free buff scarf.



We headed straight to the campervan garage and luckily the repair was minor so we only had to wait 30 minutes for it to be completed. Better news still was that it needed a day for glue to set, so after phoning up Britz they agreed to pay for another night in a powered site with showers and a kitchen. This was music to our ears as we had phoned up the alpine walk people and they said the walk was on for the next day!!!



We drove back to Tongariro and booked in the site ($44) from the day before (the one we wanted the first night which was really close to the walk) and booked up the alpine walk as well, it was $30 to drop you off at the start of the walk and then drops you off after you have completed it.



I cooked us a really nice veg and bacon pasta, we had enough left over to take with us the next day too. We then spilt up as Vick wanted to get warm in the van with the heater on and I wanted to watch some TV in the games room at the holiday park. After about an hour I came back to the van to find a very asleep Harris!! I woke her getting unchanged but both of us were back asleep quickly!!





Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb