Skiwis - Whakapapa


Advertisement
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post


Whakapapa August 2009



What a great girls weekend to the snow! I once more drive down to the Tongariro National Park, past beautiful Lake Taupo to the snowy peaks of Ruapehu and Nghuarahoe to hit the slopes.


It was the usual brunch (french toast, bacon and maple syrup yummmmmmmmmmmmm) in Cambridge then to Whakapapa to brush up on my carving.


Lisa enjoyed her first ever lesson and I think she may have caught the snow bug - Rachel was determined to go a bit Eddie the Eagle with her dashing new ski helmet!! I had a lesson too and actually got a hottie ski instructor (mine are usually 70+ and crinkly)



We finished the day off with a Macs Gold at the pub in front of Chateau Tongariro and somehow ended up in some pretty strange poses!!



We had a pretty intensive Uno session that night - the gloves really came off! Rachel was the "Uno mistress" in the end though!!! Cheat - ha ha!!




Sunday was wipe out weather. So foggy I could hardly see the road driving up the mountain so most the day was spent in the National Parl Station Cafe drinking hot chocs, eating cake and reading on the couches. Bliss.



I love this country - why do I need to go to work again.................?



LMx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ChateauChateau
Chateau

Cone Head


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb