D-Day in Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
March 23rd 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Taupo, the activity capital of the Nort Island set upon the largest crater lake in the world has something to offer everyone but most of all is famed for being the cheapest place in NZ to jump from a perfectly good plane at 15,000 feet strapped to some other guys lap who happens to have some ropes and cloth in his backpack..!! We were staying at a YHA Hostel which was actually pretty decent being that all the others we have been to were crap and ended up meeting a sound jordey couple during our stay, Jimmy and Mel. We had planned since the dawn of our travels to do a skydive in NZ but as and when were just details that had never been filled in. The basic idea was to wait until we got to Queenstown but after meeting Jordey Jimmy who proudly produced a DVD of his skydive as well as one of the girls from the hostel reception we were convinced that it actualy might be an enjoyable experiance as opposed to just sh*t scary..!! We decided there and then to book it for the following day without trying to think too much as the courage to actually do it may just evaporate..!!

D-Day... Yes we were both nervous that following fine day but when it eventualy came to it the nerves disapeard and i would have to say that it was one of the most awesome experiences that we will both ever have... and would we do another one... just watch the footage..!!


Unfortunetly we were not able to attach it to this website but links to You Tube are below. You may need to wait a while for it to buffer tho!





Advertisement



1st May 2008

the jump
wow!!!!!!!!!! saw the video i felt scared just watching it but then i don't do height's, good on you both one more thing ticked off your wish list

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.3kb