Snapshots of Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
November 26th 2007
Published: December 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Snowflakes?Snowflakes?Snowflakes?

'I'm Dreaming of a .... Hot Christmas?'
It's another hot one! It must be about 28 degrees C today, and it just doesn't seem right seeing Christmas stuff in the shops when it's this hot and sunny.

We played Crazy Golf yesterday, on the lakefront, in mad-hot heat; fortunately for the cyclists it was cloudy and a bit cooler on Saturday for the Taupo Cycle Challenge - a 160 km circuit of the lake.

Taupo was bursting at the seams at the weekend with spectators and people on bikes, and all shapes, sizes and ages seemed to make it to the finish line.

Even the campsite was full. Richard and Bek came over from Hamilton for the weekend and sampled the hot pools, and got a taste of Taupo, and Steve's BBQ'ing! We had a walk along the river up to Huka Falls. There is a natural thermal stream running into the river at one point along it - the water is really hot, about 38 degrees C.

We're off to Rotorua in a few days to get a nose full of bad egg smell for a while; Steve going to do some more helicopter lessons, and sit his Flight Radio exam!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Popping into Town...Popping into Town...
Popping into Town...

Grab some cakes from the bakery....
CafeCafe
Cafe

... time for a coffee ...
LakefrontLakefront
Lakefront

... and a wander along the lakefront ...
Burger ThatBurger That
Burger That

... how about a Maccy D's sat in the cockpit?


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb