Skydive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Looking cool ;o)Looking cool ;o)Looking cool ;o)

I was surprisingly calm...
Next stop was Taupo. We arrive here after doing the caving and we all decided spur of the moment to do a 15,000ft skydive, which surprisingly I wasn’t too phased about. The skydive was absolutely amazing, especially in such a beautiful location. At 15,000ft the doors opened and you saw people edging towards the door! I was pretty much last to go so I had the joy of watching people disappearing out the plane! It only really hit me when I had my legs dangling out the plane and felt the instructor edging us out! I can honestly say that it was the most amazing experience and would recommend it to anyone!
The other activity me and Justin done was the ‘Tongariro crossing’ which was made famous for the appearance of the volcano in ‘Lord of the Rings’ aka ‘Mount Doom’. It was an early start because the walk takes around 5 hours and it gets dark here very early at the moment because of it being winter.
It was definitly worth getting out of bed that early for because the walk offered some amazing scenery and with it being volcanic some interesting terrain (a lot of people compare it to pictures of Mars). We also passed the ‘Emerald lakes’ which are on the plateau and are beautiful because of the contrast in colors compared to the surroundings.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

hahahahahahahaha
hahahaha

Not looking so calm now!! This was when I started crapping my pants ;o)
Jump!!Jump!!
Jump!!

Really weird feeling when you jump out! Not a sinking feeling which I was expecting??
GolfGolf
Golf

If you landed a ball in any of the holes on the thing floating you could win a shit load of cash......Impossible!!
SunsetSunset
Sunset

This was the view from the hostel balcony
WalkWalk
Walk

Taken at the start of the hike
Devils staircaseDevils staircase
Devils staircase

Theres a reason they call it this!
MarsMars
Mars

Pretty cool terrain...
Mount DoomMount Doom
Mount Doom

Doesn't really resemble the mountain in Lord of the rings but apparently this was where it was filmed...
Emerald lakesEmerald lakes
Emerald lakes

These were on the other side of the mountain and looked so nice!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb