Home time.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Raglan
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So after 6 months away, experiencing the Latin culture, it is sad to say i have left it all behind and returned to NZ. Though it is really good to see my family and friends again, but it means that i have left others behind.
It has been such a fun journey over the past 6 months, and i have meet some great people and seen some amazing things.
Whether it was visiting ruins that are older then our country, surfing in the hot hot beaches and releasing turtles out sea, or getting chased by big pick up trucks, all these they have all made my trip the most memorable and enjoyable.
Mexico is a great country with so much to offer and can keep you entertained for months. Don't be put off by what is said in the news about bad things that happen there.. bad things happen everywhere. So i have made a small list to help improve your trip, should you travel to Mexico.

The insiders guide to Mexico:
1- Not as many Mexicans speak English as you would think. Learn Spanish or at least Spinglish.
2- Mexicans all stand in all the worst places, and don't move when you are trying to get past. So learn how to barge through.
3- Tacos are not like the Texmex ones you get at home... Get used to them.
4- Don't piss the cops off... they carry big guns.
5- Get used to the term guerra/o... you will be called it alot.
6- When getting off the metro, push your way out, Mexicans will push their way on blocking you getting out.. you might just end up at the wrong station.
7- Don't piss off guys in big pick up trucks, they will chase you down and ram you.
8- Plan escape routes at the ruins that have iguanas, there are hundreds of them and they will plot against you, surround you and most probably eat you.
9- Learn to love either Tequila or Mezcal.. you will score extra kudos if you like both.
10- If you can't dance, its a good time to learn. It seems that all Mexicans are born with the salsa gene and are all really good. So to save yourself the embarrassment of looking like you have two left feet, learn alittle something before you go, or don't dance.


Thanks to all those who helped me out during my travels, gave me a bed to sleep in, took me out for dinner, taught me to dance, sung karaoke and just showed me a good time.
xx

Advertisement



25th October 2011

A-LIST
Love it :) miss you!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb