Day # 91 - 94


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
September 11th 2015
Published: September 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saving the best till last………Mahinepua Peninsula. We had been saving the Mahinepua Scenic Reserve track for when our daughter J and friend arrived. It was worth the wait. Mahinepua is a small peninsula between Tauranga Bay and Matauri Bay. The track takes about 2 hours return (photo stops included). This is a well maintained, track with plenty of stairs to help you up the steeper parts. Beautiful views up the coast towards Tauranga Bay, down to Mahinepua Bay, Te Ngaere Bay and the outer islands. As you get to the end of the track it loops around and from here you can walk out to the trig and the furthest point of the peninsula. This is an amazing spot with the red soil and contrasting blue water that looks directly across to Flat Island (Motueka Island). You would almost think you were somewhere in Australia. (minus the deadly things that are likely to kill you). All I'm going to say is this place is Stunning! This is a must do for everyone’s bucket list. As the weather started to cloud over we headed back to camp stopping off at Te Ngaere Bay. This is another nice bay that is just over the hill from Matauri Bay. The weather has been a bit wild this week so it’s been a slow week but still a good week in paradise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb