New Zealand - Napier


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Napier
November 12th 2008
Published: November 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There are some thing you always have to do, even on holiday in paradise. Thats Right - the washing.


Because we had been travelling for two weeks we decided (well Nancy did) to do some washing and cleaning of the van.

The facilites on these Parks are first class - lots of washing machines and drying. All done and dusted in very short time. Time to walk into Napier the Art Deco capital of the world.

This building desgn all happened of course following the Magnitude 7 earthquake of February 1931 when some 157 people lost their lives. The city which stands on the East coast of New Zealand's North Island and Hawkes Bay.

On our one full day in Napier manged to pack in a lot of activities. We went on our customary long walks up and down big hills like Bluff Hill. That one was really tough but there was a Cache to be found. We found two.

One of them was in Clive Square. The notes with the cache told us that we needed to contact the local GP Dr Alex Luft in had a practice in the square. We duly did this and when he heard what we did for a living he said that they were really short of the skills we had and if we interested he would offer us a job there and then. We declined his offer - but you never know!!!

Anyway l am having to adjourn this particular part of our diary because Nancy has called me back to van. We are going to a Maori evening tonight and l have to sing for my supper - l might just go hungry!!!


More tomorrow.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb