Day # 6


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Firth of Thames
June 14th 2015
Published: June 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A farewell to Thames, as we head to Ngatea Water Gardens. This is well worth the stop and a wander around these gardens even in the winter. The owners of this property have a great sense of humour which is reflected in the many signs and quirky touches added around the garden. They also have a can museum with over 14,000 different beer and other beverage cans on display. If you think you have tried every beer think again. This is one place you could probably leave your husband for a few hours while he plays the "I've had that beer game!" In winter Ngatea gardens are only open on Sunday. If you can, go in the summer, as I would imagine the place would be beautifully coloured with flowers.

From Ngatea we headed to Rays Rest (Between Miranda Hot Springs & Kaiaua). Now parked up here on the foreshore for a couple of days. Awesome restful spot and a favourite of ours when we are heading Auckland way. Put the flounder net out late this afternoon and have just gone and cleared. No Flounder but 3 Kahawai, better luck tomorrow hopefully.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb