She Sells Sea Shells on the Seashore


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Firth of Thames » Miranda
March 23rd 2016
Published: March 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After the debrief on the workings of the motorhome we went to a Pak 'n Save store for a load of supplies. The kids tried to help, but you know how kids can be in supermarkets, especially after spending so much time sitting down... we survived it and remained on reasonable speaking terms...
A short jaunt south from Auckland to the Firth of Thames, an estuary with a windswept DOC (Department of Conservation) motorhome park up. A strip of grass to park on, no amenities, and then you could just step down onto a white seashell covered beach with an uninterrupted view across the estuary to the Coromandel Peninsula.
We sat outside in the sun and had a buffet type lunch, feeling very happy to be outside once again.
After lunch we nipped 10 minutes down the road to Miranda Hot Springs, which billed itself as the largest hot water Spring pool in the Sourhern Hemisphere. Imagine an even bigger version of Tooting Lido, except that it was lovely and warm. It was brilliant to do a few laps Ed and Hat pulled me onto a giant airpillow, effectively a giant trampoline, and we had a right laugh bouncing around.
Back at our camp for the night, Cas took a little nap, the kids build a giant shell castle on the beach and I rustled up the sheppards pie that we'd promised the kids whilst in Peru. It was a proper crowd pleaser and Ed may have had thirds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb