Tranquil Tarmac


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Waihi
March 25th 2016
Published: March 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Another night of high winds, this time accompanied by rain, so this put an end to our original plan to do a 90 minute morning walk to Cathedral Cove. Instead, we packed up and set off southwards towards Waihi Beach. Waihi itself is an old gold and silver mining town and it had the look of gold rush towns that we've all seen in American movies.
We pitched the motorhome around lunchtime in the grassy section of a car park. Car park conjures up a crude, jam-packed and soulless image when actually it was a DOC site that overlooked the tranquil and pretty Anzac Bay with a sandy beach just 20ft away from our front door.
We played some games around the table as the rain continued and then, for a bit of entertainment, we all got changed for a dip in the sea. We had a race to get our necks dunked; Ed was first, Hat second and Cas and I drew. It was much warmer that British waters, that said, we still got a bit chilly and to warm up we did a series of sprints along the beach. It was a 'wake up, shake up' moment and a good laugh.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb