Hello worker bees!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Waihi
January 26th 2006
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Howdy all!

Just thought we should let you all know what we've been up too lately - - - - apart from being wonderfully lazy, reading on the beach!

Here is where we have been since last time......

We made it too Opatiki, where the Pacafic Ocean was blue and calm, the sun hot and barmy. This was a happy change from the churning and rugged west coast at New Plymouth. After lazing there for a while we journeyed up the coast to Papamoa and surfed next to the mile after mile of blond sand, in metre high waves and under blue sky. Whilst there we explored several "Pa" (which are the equvilent of our stone age hill forts, yet only a few centuries old dating from the 18th and 19th centuries and maori civilisation), had a lovelly walk through 12 metre high fern trees and went Blokarting (see www.Blokarting.com for info) - which was great fun!

After this, we revisted Mt Manganui (watched a International Beach Volleyball match), revisted Hot Water Beach and Catherdral Cove (where we explored and strolled some more, eating chocolate brownies). Finally we arrived at where we are now at Waihi Beach.

(so a fair bit of travelling again!)

We've just met up with both sets of parents, in the last few days and been having a great time! Surfing, walking, eating and drinking! Wonderful!

All the best from us

love

Chris and Helena :-) 😊


Advertisement



28th January 2006

I was wondering if you two were fat yet, what with all the munching that you have time for, but it sounds as if you're surfing it off. Have a wonderful time en famille, it sounds fab. Love Dy x

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb