Nearly done!


Advertisement
Published: February 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Helena with Surf Board Helena with Surf Board Helena with Surf Board

Helena with her surf board at Papamoa
Helllloooo

Only a few days to go....
We have been busy since Waihi and seeing the olds, we headed from Waihi to Raglan, which is home of some big surf. When we arrived, low and behold, there were kites out. The worst bit being that the current was really fierce (those damn currants) and there are plenty of rips. So... I had to leave it on this occassion.

Had wicked time there though, Raglan nice little surf town. We then headed down to Waitomo (this is to be said in very serious deep voice - as this is how it was repeatedly pronounced during a museum video on the area) where we saw aractnacampa lumineso - more commonly known as... glow worms. Obviously we were too tight to pay to go into the glow worm caves (it's a bit of a rip off to be honest), but we went on a fantsatic walk around the local nature reserve in the night time - where we saw hundreds and hundreds of the little blighters, in their local.

We have now returned to Papmoa, and for the past week have been surfing - and very excitingly I got my beautiful
Chris with Surf BoardChris with Surf BoardChris with Surf Board

Chris with his surf board at Waihi
kite out yesterday. I had an awesome session and was riding up the empty ( - kids have all returned to school - God bless educational institutions!) beach.

Sold our surf boards today, in preparation for returning the rental car (God bless the horse power of vehicles with four wheels - I've no idea why anyone would bother with primitive 2 wheel models. Primitive) It was very sad parting with the surf boards, we have had a great time on them, and have both mastered the art of standing up and riding waves. Chris more so than me. He is well and truely hocked.

We are off to Orewa tommorrow to check out the wind up there, to see if I can get one last and final go on my baby. (My kite - for anyone who hasn't been following closely enough).

love and hugs, and looking forward to seeing everyone back home in a couple of weeks.

Helena x (and Chris)





Advertisement



10th February 2006

Excellent photos of you both with surf boards, sounds like you still having lovely time, make the most of your last few weeks, see you soon. xxx
12th February 2006

Have the best time for these precious last days, looking forward to coffee, photos and enthusiasm, take care, love Dy x

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb