Back on the road!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
January 8th 2006
Published: January 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick note (to keep you all up too date back home in blighty!)

We have now left New Plymouth and are heading to Opatiki (which is on the East Coast) and the Bay of Plenty. The weather on the west coast has been blowing a gale recently, whipping up the tasman sea , which has made surfing and kite-surfing nigh on impossible. Instead we have been trapping (walking) up Mt Taranaki/Egmont the local regional park and mountain - where I can report; we saw snow and were pelted with hail stones! (before the sun came out)

However, the weather has now improved and I can once again say we have fine sunshine - (I am sitting here in short sleeved shirt and shorts, with a clear blue sky outside) - and a sun hot enough to fry eggs on the pavement!

We hear on the grape vine, that it has been a tad cold and snowy back home? Please send us your pictures of snowmen! snowball fights! and cars stuck in the snow! We are of course thinking of you all, do drive and tobogan carefully! :-)

In a couple of weeks both our parents are coming out to join us in NZ, which will be great. In the mean time, we plan to surf and enjoy the splendid weather!

All the best to ya all back home

Chris and Helena xx










Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb