I've got sand everywhere!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Whakatane
January 31st 2006
Published: January 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Come on. we know it's cold and miserable back in the UK and you're all [probably fed up, but please send us something even if its just to let us know you're still alive! We'd love to hear from you, even if its to be rude Karen :-)

We're still travelling down the east caost of North Island and are now at Ohope Beech near Whakatane pronounced Fuckatane which John has to keep saying at every opportunity, can't think why. The beaches are glorious here andoff camp sites we were at last time near Roturura at Blue Lake, We spent a very hot day visiting the geysers one of which shoots about 25 metres into the air; quite awesome as we could feel the earth moving!!

Tomorrow we move on down to Gisborne and Hawkes Bay ... wine country. While we're there we plan to book the ferry to cross over to South Island probably within the next week or so. This is a very different holiday from the previous one ... the pace much slower and relaxed. I think we're just 'chilling' Speak to you all soon , love from me xxxx

Hello peeps,
We are in an internet cafe in Whakatane, which is a shop selling DVDs and CDs etc with a section at the back with 6 computers. Next to us is a boy playing a computer game-sad b. I don't think the shop is making a fortune out of DVDs anyway. However, music is playing and it's quite pleasant, although somewhat hot. I'd better be quick because the little lady keeps wandering off, and I think she might be in buying mode.
We met up with Helena's parents and had an alcoholic evening with them and C + H before wandering off the next day and going North.
On our travels in the pouring rain we went past a little Japenese man in a red kagoule pushing a bicycle, so with our conciences pricking us, two miles down the road we turned round, went back and picked him up. Language was a problem. However we took him to Hot Water Beach, which was about the only thing we could make out, and he was very grateful. Two hours later, having dined at H.W.Beach we were trundling along again, came round a corner and lo, behold there was a little man clad in a red kagoule pushing a bicycle. We pulled up beside him to see if he wanted another lift, but he quickly pretended he wanted to go the other way. Must have been my driving.
Catch you later - surf"s up Love etc XXXXXX



Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb