Surfs up!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Whitianga
January 25th 2006
Published: January 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi friends and family,

You've probably realised by now that we're here in NZ safe and sound and having a great time chilling, surfing (I kid you not - more later!!).

We had good flights out, although horribly jet lagged when we arrived in Singapore where it was about 30 degrees. Sat outside in the garden of our hotel listening to live music .. good singer, pity about his material - Englebert Humperdick is alive and well:-)

We have spent a smashing 3 days with Chris and Helena - Chris has turned into a beach-bum, sun tanned, hair bleached and long (for Chris) Helena just looks gorgeous - sun bronzed and sun streaked hair - I hate her!!!

At the moment we are staying at Cathedral Cove (those who know my wallpaper at work will know where I mean) before returning south and spending one last day with C and H and Lyn and Dick (H's Mum and Dad) before heading off into the sunset on our own. Weather is sunny and about 24 degrees - lovely.

We won't me too complacent though as yesterday we had terrific storms over the whiole area, gales and driving hard rain. Seems there was a lot of damage to trees etc and power cuts in the area, so we were confined to the camper and yes, we are still speaking to each other!!

I'll pass you over to John to tell you all about the surfing, so loads of love to you all. Before I go ........ I think some of you know by now we are to be grandparents in July ... as Fleur has just said. she is officially up the duff!!

Hello world, Tony and Gordon-just wanted to let you know that I am non-contactable, in case you have problems running the country, also -Tony and Cherie we are paying for our own holiday. What a novel idea.
Well Chris and Helena very soon encouraged us oldies to become surf bums. After a couple of days depriving Chris of his board, he took us on a shopping trip and I ended up with a second hand wet suit and surf board and Sarah some swimming goggles and a boogie board. The very next day down came the rain with hurricane force winds-almost, so we're still waiting patiently to try out our new toys.
Tomorrow we're going to Hot Water Beach where funnily enough you dig a hole in the sand at low tide, and it fills up with hot water.
Anyway enough for now hope you're all having an enjoyable winter,
Love, best wishes, regards or whatever take your pick (except Tony Gordon or Cherie)
posh john over and out. xxxxx

Advertisement



30th January 2006

Golly gosh!
Gosh, it sounds like your having a very interesting time - we can't imagine what it must be like to be in New Zealand! What's the weather like? I bet it is very sunny! That Helena person you met sounds like trouble to me! Hope your having a great time, see you soon xx

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb