Homeward Bound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
May 21st 2010
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -36.8474, 174.766

That's it folks! We are spending a night at a hotel near to Auckland Airport ready for our flight to Hong Kong where we will spend another night at an airport hotel before catching another 11-hour flight back to London. Yes, it takes longer doing it that way, but we are sure that we would be grateful sleeping in a bed; and it's cheaper than flying in Business Class.

Not sure if anyone has stuck with us all the way through this blog but we've enjoyed writing it to get our thoughts together and help us remember everything – we've seen so much in three weeks. This is a beautiful and amazing country and if you haven't been already – DO !

Lots of Love,

Hamish and Alan xxx

PS. The weather forecast for the North Island for the next few days is rain and low temperatures. So it's time to return to a warm London. Now, it's not often we can say that !



Advertisement



20th May 2010

Dear BothIt has been fun travelling around with you.Looking forward to seeing you and some photos over dinner soon.Carol xx
20th May 2010

It's been so much fun to be able to take this trip with you! I hope you are going to put out a little coffee-table book: _Alan and Hamish Do New Zealand_!
21st May 2010

Ik mis jullie verslagen nu al! Zo heerlijk om weg te dromen met jullie verhalen en foto's... Kunnen jullie niet blijven?
21st May 2010

Ah - that's a lovely Simon and Garfunkel song in my head for my morning at my desk.I shall miss the updates - I don't suppose you would consider keeping this up for your daily travels Merton to Kings Cross?Safe journey. xxx Sara
21st May 2010

Not quite the spectacular views of NZ, but you will be happy to get back home, I am sure. So when are you coming to Australia?

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb