Cruise - Day One


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 12th 2012
Published: May 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It was about 4am in the morning when I woke. I sat on our hotel balcony watching the city lights when I heard a noise, it was the motor of something, something big, it was the 'Pacific Pearl'. I couldn't see anything except two small lights but I knew it had to be.

Going through security to get on to the ship was very fast and easy, we must have got there before the rush. It was our first experience with passports, baggage and scanners. We got given our cruise cards, had our embarkation photo taken and then.... we were on the ship.

It was really weird, you’re outside walking next to this huge ship then all of a sudden it’s like your inside a big hotel. We went up to our room, checked it out, very nice, much more spacious then I had expected and then went exploring.

We went to the buffet and had some food, and it was at that point we realised that all we were going to do on this trip was EAT!!

As we sailed away from the dock and away from Auckland we had a Sail Away party where you could buy a Sail Away cocktail which came with a plastic cup, which of course we did, I love souvenirs! We danced and sung to Agadoo - which was heaps of fun, brought back so many memories of being little. And the Ship honked its horn which was great.

We checked out the adult only area which is called the Oasis and had a cocktail there, had some lunch in the buffet and then off to the Dome, which turns into a Night Club at night, for another cocktail.

We joined a tour of the ship, went to a show in the Marquee. Got back to our cabin, checked out tomorrows Pacific Daily and that’s when we realised we wouldn’t actually have time for eating LOL.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb