A few days in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 10th 2010
Published: February 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Coffs Harbour to Sydney on February 10th and quickly got off the plane and rushed out to Wahroonga to meet Katie's new arrival, 2 day old Connor.. congrats to Katie and Mal.. so glad I got to meet the little button before we left.

Back to the airport early next morning to fly to Auckland. Took mum out that night for a surprise birthday and embarrassed her as much as we could with a cake and singing.

Went to Hamilton the next day to see my Nana & Bruce. On the way back we stopped at a teeny tiny town called Pokeno to get one of their famous giant icecreams that we have been getting since we were kids. Friday night visited Dad and stayed over there.

Saturday morning went over to my old school mate Tracey´s house. Went to the NZ Beer Festival with her and a bunch of her friends.

The beer fest was loads of fun. Midday until 8pm of beer sampling, lovely. We were supplied a beer glass on arrival, then had to charge up our beer credit card thingys with beer dollars. Each beer was $2.50 for a half glass or $5 for a full glass. There was a whole hall of different beer vendors so we started up one end and made our way to the other, wouldn´t want to miss any out! Once we got kicked out of the festival we headed off to Kingsland to continue the party. Ended up in a fancy bar where they charge Sydney massive beer prices. Once it started to rain we decided to get food and go back to Tracey´s to have some more drinks. Tracey crashed out on us once we got back to hers though, so we cabbed it home... Trace you Nana!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



18th February 2010

hippy
Who you calling a tree hugging hippy?

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb