Day Sixteen


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
June 4th 2008
Published: June 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey! Sorry we left you guys hanging for a couple days. We thought we would have internet at the new house, but whenever they need to get online they just use Steph's mom's laptop from down the road. We are at an internet cafe now.

It's good to hear from everyone! Keep the comments coming! We have just been getting to know Morgan, Steph, and Daniel, plus their friends and family. They think it's so exciting to have "the Americans" staying with them. No trouble yet, Amber & Jason, but we'll call on you if they start acting tough. They are all really funny. Steph cooks (I try to help), and the guys clean. Sometimes. They drive us all over to get to know the area, and when they are all at work, Jack and I just hang out and drive around town. The food here is unbelievable. Brunch cafes and bakeries, more Turkish food, Thai & Japanese restaurants, everything. Plus, Morgan's parents have a farm and he brings home fresh fruit and eggs. You guys should see the food they sell at these cafes. It's like nothing we would ever have at home and you don't know what you're missing. Maybe I'll learn how to bake and bring back the recipes. Or just bring back the recipes.

We haven't really taken any pictures yet, but we will today and post them when we can. The three of them really like their shows, so we find ourselves in front of the TV often when they get home from work. It's nice to relax, though. For once!

After this, we are going to search for a laundrymat and then find our way back to the beach they took us to. There was a huge bluff there that we want to hike up if we can find it. Tonight one of their league games is on. It's almost a cross between Rugby and American Football, only no padding and a lot more fighting and blood. They have plans for Jack and I all weekend to meet all of their friends, so that will keep us busy. They finally asked us last night how old we were! They thought we were maybe 24 years old! I'm flattered.

AJ, Jack wants to know if there is a game 6? And sorry, Mom, he has nothing else to add, haha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



4th June 2008

GAME 6!
There is a game 6! Glad you guys are having so much fun! We like the updates! Lauryn says hello (literally she's starting to babble a lot!) And we found out she has bad reflux so hopefully we've cured the problem and she can be happy from now on!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb