Happy Christmas!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 25th 2004
Published: December 25th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Christmas in the sunChristmas in the sunChristmas in the sun

This is on the deck on Cat and Rob's house - it was really hot, fantastic!
Hello and Happy Christmas to all our family and friends. This is just a wee Christmas message so that you can catch up with what we’ve been up to.

We both finished work on Christmas Eve (they work you hard here!) - Graeme had his work xmas lunch after they finished on Friday, then went to the pub with some work mates. We started our Christmas celebrations on Friday night with a bbq at Luke and Kenny’s - it was a big family affair. Luckily the rain held off long enough for the barbie to be used, and we were even able to eat outside.

Our Christmas Day started at Luke’s Uncle Clive’s (sorry, I totally failed to take any pictures there). You’ll just have to believe me when I say that it was warm and sunny, there were prawns and whole salmon on the bbq, and the champagne was flowing freely - my kind of Christmas!

We had Christmas dinner at Cat and Rob’s - they’re both from London (I think…) and Lindsey works with Cat. They share a lovely house in the suburbs - we were able to sit on the deck with our drinks (as
At the Christmas Eve bbqAt the Christmas Eve bbqAt the Christmas Eve bbq

In the background, Linz and David are talking to Luke's sister Linley. On the sofa are (l-r) Luke's Auntie Lesley, Luke (wearing the snow boots that Kenny gave him for xmas) and Luke's dad Bryan. A jolly Christmas party!
the photos prove!) We had traditional turkey and trimmings, lovely!

Tomorrow we’re heading south for a few days - we’re going to do the tourist thing, so expect many cheesy photos when we return! The weather has been bad recently (rain, hail, gale force winds, more rain) and we have been reliably informed (by every Kiwi we know and have met recently) that NZ is having it’s worst start to summer for 30 years. Some have even tried to blame us for bringing the Scottish winter with us (very unfair I think!), so we’ve cancelled camping and we’re going to stay in a backpackers.

I hope this finds you well and happy, and that you all have a fantastic and safe Christmas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Christmas day - on the deckChristmas day - on the deck
Christmas day - on the deck

At Cat and Rob's house.
Our excellent hostsOur excellent hosts
Our excellent hosts

Rob and Cat - taking a break from cooking!
The Christmas moonThe Christmas moon
The Christmas moon

Christmas evening - from Cat and Rob's deck.
Santa at the Santa ParadeSanta at the Santa Parade
Santa at the Santa Parade

The Santa Parade is a big Auckland tradition - it was actually at the end of November, but since it's Christmas today I thought I'd put it here.


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb