Coming full circle


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 10th 2008
Published: March 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So way back when we began this New Zealand journey, at the beginning of November we got the heck out of Auckland and drove to the Coromandel. It was rainy then, so we skipped out parts and vowed we would be back. I had hesitations in my mind if we would make it back. But we did! This weekend we had a little getaway. Again, we got the heck out of Auckland (sharing a house with 5 people was getting our goat)

On Saturday we did the nice foresty walk to Cathedral Cove. This is an absolutely stunning area. Lush green rainforest, white cliffs and rock formation and blue-green sea. It was a gorgeous day and we had a picnic, tossed the frisbee, and swam for over and hour. We both had a good laugh when Duane threw the frisbee at Charlotte and then a wave knocked her over while the frisbee hit her.

The next day we escaped some crowds and found a more secluded beach and caught up on some reading. Then we went for our second try at Hot water beach. This is the place where you dig a hole at low tide and make your own hot tub. There's thermal activity about 2 km beneath the ground, and the ground water carries up water that is so hot that you can burn your bottom!

With only 3 weeks to go we are reminscing our great discoveries during this trip. We are really looking forward to the comforts of home, and mostly catching up with all those we've been missing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

a second helping of hot water beacha second helping of hot water beach
a second helping of hot water beach

all this working is affecting my tan!


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0906s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb