Back to Auckland for a shopping spree...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 26th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 26th
A nice journey back through some familiar countryside, to meet up with the bus to Auckland. We catch up, and Dusty is our driver. No room at the YHAs, so they recommend the Albert Park backpackers (a quiet, boutique hostel), as the Fat Camel doesn't sound like my kind of place! The journey continues - back through Peroa where we finally stop for a photo with the big bottle! Back into Auckland early enough - find my hostel - not impressed (friendly but run down/over-packed and noisy). However, it is close to Queen Street where I head to collect/buy everything I need for South America. Pretty much done by 4ish, so meander around a bit before heading up the Sky Tower ($18 for backpackers) - quite a long way up. Very freaked by the glass panels in base/sides of the lift and am a bit shaky by the time I get to the main deck. Adjust, wander round, can't make myself staand on the glass panels! Watch the bungy-jumpers, before heading to the next level. Thankfully this is an enclosed lift, and actually this level is less scary for some reason. Head down to the restaurant to look for more jumpers, but after 20 minutes am bored of waiting, head to the bottom just in time to catch the next person from below (photographically speaking). Head for the supermarket before heading back to the hostel to ensure that I'm packed and relax with a book. Hostel too noisy (road noise/people in & out the room), so only got about 4 hours sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb